pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The beauty of the Suburbs in the Spring

It's a beautiful day in the suburbs today--the birds are chirping, the daffodils are blooming, the sun glistens off the fastfood restaurant signs jutting into the cloudless sky. Now I remember why I moved out here to "the sticks." I don't play golf, but you know that it's springtime when you see grown men driving around in little electric carts chasing after a ball. So, why did I move into a golf community when my knowledge of golf is Putt-Putt and Happy Gilmore? I think I was lured by the swimming pool and the thought of being able to surf everyday at Kings Island during the summer. Oh, and I finally have a front porch again. I've lived here 6 months and this was the first morning that I actually ate breakfast on the porch--mmmm...chocolate poptarts have never tasted so good.

Later, I'll go out and fight traffic, but for now, I'll enjoy my little vacation-like haven. What's your favorite part of spring?
Rhonda

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Spring is the all time hap's!
    Not too cold, not too hot,
    Breezes begging for naps.

    and on the sun dried days,
    me and the ol' Fender,
    visit a happy park,
    and play for a captive
    bored audience of geese
    tolerating my lark!

    Best Wishes,
    Jay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home