pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

February Movie Madness

The following are all the movies I can remember that I watched since the last edition:

The Little Mermaid--a Disney classic. This put them back on the map--have you seen that Prince Eric? He's quite a hottie.

American Pie II, unrated--I hate these brainless films. Funny in parts but not my thing.

Mystery Men--cult favorite--my favorite. All-star cast f/William H. Macy, Jeanine Garofalo, Ben Stiller, Hank Azaria, Paul Rubins, Greg Kinnear and more. If you hang around me much, most of my jokes stem from this movie. (It's the reason that there is no blue on the PBTB website.)

Napoleon Dynamite--I loved this movie, James hated it. Yes, it's dumb, but it's not cliche or filled with sex like the American Pie movies. It's great to see film makers taking chances.

Troy--I watched the first 10 minutes and fell asleep. James said that it was good, but I don't believe him.

Patriot Games--This was pretty good. It's nice to see an older film that the music doesn't totally drive you nuts when you watch it 15 years later. Harrison did a nice job.

City of God--this was by far the best movie I have seen in a while. It's very graphic, and it's in Portuguese, but it's so compelling that you don't even notice. I love the fact that foreign films don't have the same formula for screenplay writing that we do. Check it out.

What have you all been up to?
Rhonda

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know what it is, but whenever you ask how everyone is doing, I feel
    compelled to respond.

    I’m boring at this point. No new movies, working a lot, but at least working
    on some new material!

    Look forward to seeing you in the area again.

    Best wishes,
    Jay

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger pale beneath the blue said…

    More new material? Let me catch up, will you?

    Rhonda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home