pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Chicks Rock Fest top 10

Wow, what a weekend--so much good music, so little time. I'm exhausted and haven't slept more than 4 hours since Thursday night. However, it was an incredible weekend and I wanted to share my most memorable moments:

10. The new Reach for the Sky and Chicks Rock Fest T's
9. The creepy Southgate House ghost stories that people tell you while you are sitting in the place where they say they "saw" something. Oh, and the ghost guy that Felix and I "talked" to.
8. Deogracias taking pictures of me in the lounge while the other photographers were shooting behind him.
7. Having Scott Preston be my personal lackey all day Friday
6. Meeting Elliot from Blessid Union of Souls
5. My Jonda "kiss"
4. Wendy from Sunspot dressed as Racquel from the CRF logo on the website
3. The Bands!
2. The red patent leather boots worn by Adam Evil's violinist
1. The look of shock and horror on Dale Johnson's face when he realized that he had not been taking pictures of Adam Evil's violinst.

As I mentioned the bands were awesome. A few of us were talking in the lounge about how an event such as this tends to bring out the best in performers. Artists tend to practice more and actually refine their show a bit. I was very impressed with all the locals that I heard--The Walker Project, Whitney Barricklow Band, Hungry Lucy, The Fairmount Girls, Foxy McCoy, Jayne Sachs, Soul Casket. And the out-of -towners blew me away--Stephanie's Id, Fabrik, Julie Lloyd, Alison Tartalia, Red Dahlia, Holly Spears, The Pink Slips, Adam Evil and the Outside Royalty, and Fluttr Effect.

It was an amazing weekend and I hope that everyone had as much fun as I did. I'm proud to have been a part of such an event.

What were your favorite moments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home