pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Rhonda's Movie Madness

It's been a little while since I've done this...Patrice and I have been so busy playing shows that I haven't had a lot of time to watch many movies. I have caught a few though, and here's my take:

Ocean's 12: Didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Enjoyable if you like this sort of theivery thing and it's fun to see Matt Damon as a geek.

The Incredibles: This is really good for a Disney movie. Pixar has a way of taking something that we accepted as children and twisting it into this entirely new thing--they do a great job at it. Very fun.

After the Sunset: I don't care what anyone says, Pierce Brosnan is still hot--who decided that he was no longer "Bond"-worthy? This was actually a really good film, funny with lots of twists and turns right to the end. And guys, there's a little something for you as well, Salma Hayek.

Finding Neverland: It's no secret that I'm not a Johnny Depp fan (it's nothing personal, John, you just remind me of my brother-in-law so much that it's pretty creepy) and I'm not a fan of those borish British dramas--they go on forever at a monotonous pace and I generally fall asleep. And truly, how many movies do we need about Peter Pan? Really? Well, I have to say, I was surprised. I was dreading this film but Johnny and Kate put on spectacular performances and James and I both were crying by the end. Good film, but bring some tissues.

King of the Hill--Season 3: I love this. King of the Hill is the best.

Have you seen anything good?
Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home