pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Mmmmm, Bar-b-que

Wow, what a great weekend. Friday night with all the folks at the Trolley in Dayton, celebrating women in music via Gogirls Music.com. A huge thanks to Ray Bigelow for all of his help, as well as Peggy Welty, Arminta and Mikel, Robyn Leah Case, Patrice, and our sound guy, James Mikel. We love the Trolley. Fun evening for all.

Saturday found us out in the middle of no where, also referred to as South Bloomfield, OH. However, Stage Coach BBQ is like an oasis in the middle of the desert. The food is amazing, (the pulled Turkey and pumpkin cornbread are to die for) the staff is possibly the nicest group of folks I've ever had the pleasure of working with and the patrons are there for the music (and it's just a really cool place to hang). A big thanks to my high school buddy, Brent Holt for driving all the way over from Troy, OH and playing roadie for the evening. And I was totally obliterated in a game of Music Trivia by owner, Dave Miesse. (You have shown me the error of my ways, Dave. I will now spend more time listening to music. By the way, are you familiar with Stephanie's Id?)

I hit the road by myself on Sunday to play at Vic's Acoustic Cafe in Indianapolis w/Arminta and Mikel and Greg Ziesemer. Several interesting things, 1)apparently, Greg and I met in an elevator at a music conference in Nashville in '03, and 2)my chickenfishspeaks.com friends, mike and sabrina, showed up and then forced me to go eat at some fancy restaurant with Canadian Jim afterwards. What a rough life I lead, eh?

So much fun, can't wait to do it all again. Hey, DC folks, we're heading your way next.
xoxoxo,
Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home