pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hybrid Cars again

The folks on the news won't shut-up about this, so I figured, I might as well hit it again too. Is it a good deal to buy a hybrid? They cost more and no one knows how long the battery will last, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, well we don't know how long our oil supply is going to last either, but no one seems to care about that.

So, James and I got into an argument the other day about the whole hybrid thing. The guy on the news and the folks at the dealership say that gas has to rise to $9/gal. before the hybrid pays off so just buy a cheaper car. I say that the folks who buy a Prius are not going to settle for a Corolla. The next day, my dad sent me this
article. I don't think he read it all the way through before he sent it, but I was glad because it made my point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home