pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Bath and Body Works--a firm winner!

So, it isn't very often that a product actually does what it says it's going to do, especially in the "younger looking skin" category. Personally, I think it's just an excuse for companies to make something that doesn't work and charge exorbitantly. However, I tried this firming lotion from Bath and Body Works when I stayed at my Aunt's house a few months back. I was surprised at how soft my skin was but didn't want to spend $14 for soft skin. However, since nothing else could give me that "baby-bottem smooth" feeling, I finally went out last night and spent the cash.

I searched high and low in the store and couldn't even find it. I thought maybe it was discontinued. But after asking someone, realized that there was one last bottle in a "not-too-hateful" scent. Apparently, there were only two bottles left in the store. That made me feel slightly better, but still a little silly for spending money that I needed to save to pay off some bills on something so dumb.

Before bed, I slathered it on, not everywhere because then I would be wasting it and would also be overcome by the scent of Sweet Pea. (I'm going to email them and request an unscented version.) Anyway, when I woke this morning, I was in shock. Did this work or did I burn that many calories walking around the mall? I don't know for sure, but I saw a remarkable difference in my body. I'll try it on some other test subjects to find out for sure, but so far, this product gets a thumbs up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home