pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Birthday

So, we played Chicks on the Road and most of you missed it. A fun night for sure. Patrice joined me in a birthday drink, something that either of us rarely do, but it was a special occasssion. Jeffrey Smith, bought us each a Cosmopolitan and that was all it took. Neither of us could leave because we wouldn't have been safe to drive (they were extremely potent--I'm not that much of a lightweight). I had to go next door and buy chips to help absorb some of the alcohol, it didn't help that much. We enjoyed chatting since we haven't been on a road-trip in a while. She's so funny. And she bought me the coolest birthday gift. It's this whole Elvis coffee table book. There's a CD of interviews and press conferences, and all these 3-D items that you can take out--like a wedding invitation, tickets and a copy of his social security card. It's really cool.

Shirock, Pike, The Outside, and the Newbees were all very good. You should have been there and I should have been home sleeping and preparing for the studio. Oh, well, it's a good memory to have. Thanks, Jenny.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Web 2.0 day three: Silly business ideas
    Admission to the Web 2.0 Conference costs $2,800. That's a big chunk of change, but the place is sold out, and the small conference rooms and the one large presentation hall are beyond full most of the time.
    Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Irene said…

    Don't you hate those anonymous comments or as my cousins calls them annoyomous comments. But I still check out your blog and website. I enjoy your music, I keep looking for any West Coast concerts. I am sure you will be around here someday. By the way happy birthday.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home