pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Why do we crave certain foods at certain times of the year?

Yes, this bothers me. Why do I always want apples and caramel dip in October? Is it because I need the caramel dip? The apple? Or because suddenly Kroger is filled with shiny apples?

What about snack crackers and that wierd cheese spread? Why do I feel the need to eat this--smoked cheddar with bacon? I have a sudden need for grain? I guess it could have something to do with the high school music department's annual summer sausage and crock cheese sale. So, why do they call it summer sausage if they don't sell it until the fall?

I realize the power of suggestion carries a lot of weight. Today, I went to Taco Bell, but it was also a Pizza Hut--suddenly, I needed a cheese personal pan pizza. I have not had one of those since I was in Chris McCoy's band. Mmmmm, tasty. I just probably shouldn't have had the pizza and the burrito.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, your site is pointing True North again, eh? And you're over 11K hits! Cool. Weird how Google looks at your blog and then puts up keyword associated adverts. I wonder if phonetic spelling or purposely misspelled words could defeat bannergorithms. Surprised Pizza Hut didn't pop up.

    But what I meant to ask was what was the Chris McCoy's band you were in. What was that like?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home