pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A year in Review

I still can't believe it's the end of another year. I would have to say, that even with the album not coming out, it's been a very productive year. Even taking most of May, Sept, Oct, and November off, I played 64 shows this year. I was in NY and DC twice and finally made my way to Boston and Wisconsin. Fun stuff. I don't know what 2007 will hold as far as travels, but I'm thrilled that I've had the pleasure of meeting so many interesting folks this year.

In the songwriting arena, I've written and co-written several new pieces. Some maybe you've heard, and some maybe not, but here's the list that I've come up with:

1. Ricochet
2. Don't Understand (co-write with Scott Murray, Australia)
3. Private Milton (co-write with Scott Murray, Australia)
4. Today's the Day
5. Phrases
6. Bob Pollard (co-write with Jim Danehy at Improv Night)
7. Future of Things
8. Hymnal
9. Break Down the Walls
10. Untitled spoken word piece (July Improv Night)
11. On the Case
12. Forgive Me
13. Better Off
14. Say You'll Be Mine (co-write with Chris Yurchuck, NYC)
15. Perfect Fit (co-write with Chris Yurchuck, NYC)
16. It's My Heart I Can't Trust
17. I Want to Know

I think there are others that I am not currently thinking of as well. I know I've started like a million songs this year and it's been a difficult year to actually finish things. But I'm thankful for the amount of songs I have worked on--creativity feeds me. Though I've been working on writing songs that are maybe a little more commercial, I'm feeling the urge to go off in a new direction and just see where it leads. It's so difficult to make music without commercial influence, but I think it's time to get back to it.

Wishing everyone a creative 2007,
rhonda

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home