pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

election day and pet peeves

I hope that if you are a US citizen, that you voted in today's election. I also hope that you didn't get frustrated by the long lines and confusion that was going on in the polling places. I've been sitting here today attempting to re-write lyrics for some songs and it's been really tough to focus. I've been able to watch interesting video on MSnbc.com but there's no news and there won't be until later tonite. Stay tuned.

As I've been patiently waiting, I've been going through emails and really frustrated that my family members send me so many forwards--probably none of which are even true. Have you seen the patriotic Pepsi can with urges not to purchase Pepsi products. Hello? Snopes and UrbanLegends.com both show this is a hoax. And what about the little girl with Leukemia who is supposedly hoping to get money from the Make A Wish Foundation? Yeah, just keep forwarding the email and she'll get money every time it's forwarded. Okay, so, I hate to burst your bubble, but there's no big email forwarding dept. that keeps track of these things. It's a HOAX!

So, before you hit "forward" please go to your favorite search engine and type in a description of the email and see what comes up. Your busy friends and family members will start returning your emails again. However, if you are gullible enough to believe this stuff is true, I highly recommend a few minutes of inner reflection and try to figure out what else you are being gullible about. Goodluck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home