pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

An ode to my crutches

Well, it's just about that time. Time to say goodbye to the crutches. I can't just yet, I need to see what the doctor says in a couple of weeks, but I certainly need them less and less. It's quite refreshing to be able to walk into the gym without them. Or get in the car and not have them get caught on things, be in the way, or smack me when i go around a corner. Yeah, Me! I feel so grown up, though I still walk like I'm about 18 months.

Today, I was trying to write a song about graduation or something not specific, but where you help someone until they can do things on their own. What was funny (well, it amused me) was that I was really struggling to find the words so I thought, "just write a song to your crutches. They've always been there for you and now it's time to seperate from them and go it alone." So, I wrote a couple verses of that and then turned on some music that I put together two days ago and then the words I wanted came out nearly perfect. I still need one line, but I'll find it. It will come to me when I least expect it. I think it's really funny sometimes where inspiration finds us...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home