pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Writing again

Yesterday I was trying to rewrite a song I had lyrics for but had only played through it enough to realize that my chorus wasn't really working. I rewrote the chorus at work. When I got home I was playing guitar to the new chorus and heard in my "you had the top down, and the windows rolled up". Not my usual fare, but I went with it and totally rewrote the entire song while James was on hold with TimeWarner cable. I still think it needs some work, but I recorded a rough outline last night. When I listened this morning, I realized it was waaaaayyyyy too slow, but had some promise. I'm looking forward to getting this thing nailed down--maybe in the morning while my windshield is being replaced...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home