pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Hair color and Techno Music--the Link Revealed

I went to the salon (Mark Phillips) the other day to have my hair colored and highlighted and I remember thinking, "Wow, this is some really good techno--not too obnoxious. Kinda soothing in fact." The wierdest thing happened when I left. I got into my van and the very first thought that popped into my head was, "Wie geht es innen?" (How are you doing?) "Was ist das?" (what is that?)--I came to my senses enough to say, "Why am I speaking German?" Yes, I took German in high school. I learned a few words but was never able to speak it. I even went to Austria (note cover of rhe's, Fairy Tales & Happy Endings), but would answer in English when anyone talked to me. Are there subliminal German messages in the techno music? Or maybe it was the chemicals.

Patrice and I headed over to Columbus that night to play an open-mic at the
Thirsty Ear Tavern. Fortunately, she speaks a little German and could help me decipher all the Deutsch that was running through my head. We saw some really cool folks like Tara Naomi, and Leo Clarke and we met another cellist, Mike Ingall. All were very cool and exceptionally helpful. Then we ran over to Oldfield's on High to catch guitarist extraordinaire, Jim Volk. My buddy Keith Jenkins came over to hang out with me for a while and we reminisced about singing the Lita Ford/Ozzy Osbourne song together many years ago. What a fun night.

If you are still reading, I just received an email from
Masion on the Hill, an internet radio station out of DC. Check out Mark's review of "Inside." Scroll down a bit...ah, you found it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home