pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Day 3

Yea! I practiced this morning. Well, I practiced piano...some Karen Carpenter and a little Mr. Grinch for fun. I've been working on Merry Christmas, Darling for years now and with all it's Bm7 and D9 and Am7/G chords, every year I struggle through it. If you don't know what that means, don't feel bad--I'm not certain that I ever get it right.

Tonite I went to a caroling party and realized that I have managed to forget all the words to all the traditional songs we sang as kids. I also realized that I really don't love Christmas carols and the reason that we only sing the first verse is because the next 5 use words that are no longer used in the English language (i.e. upsort?)

Anyway, it certainly felt a little more like Christmas, but I think that once you grow up and have to spend money and wrap things, and cook and clean and run all over the place, a little of the magic is lost. Tomorrow, we'll try to spend some time enjoying the holiday.

rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home