pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Blur

I've been slacking on my blogging, I know, but the team and I have been working really hard to get the music to the people. Hope you are all enjoying it. We've been very fortunate to be getting some great local press as well as radio folks who are willing to have us on. I had the good fortune of finally meeting Rev Cool from WYSO last night. I used to listen to him when I lived in Dayton so it was a pleasure to finally get to do the show. The Rev was having a bit of a rough day and I was rushed and got there barely on time so it was probably one of the more interesting radio experiences I've had. If you've never done it, being on the air live is somewhat intimidating...you know there are people out there but you can't see them (television is worse, but I'll talk about that later). The whole evening was a blur, but I remember at one point thinking, "what in the heck are we talking about?" Both of us were just rambling about, I don't even know what. I do remember talking a little about his step daughter whose car was crushed when a semi fell on it. She somehow escaped without a scratch. Then we were trying to figure out if that made her lucky or unlucky. I guess she was interviewed on the Today Show and the Morning Show and apparently she threw up before the Today Show appearance so that was the better one. I'm just glad she was okay.

I did find out that Rev Cool loves Japanese Pop. He played Puffy Amiyumi as we discussed how 6 year old boys love the band. I think that between the cd and live performance we played everything from the disc and more. That was the longest in-studio interview I've ever had. I guess I'm working up to be on Acoustic Cafe or some NPR program...hmmm I better go brush up on my catty come back skills.

xoxo,
rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home