pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Ho, Ho Holiday overload

Everywhere you look it's Christmas time. I actually heard Christmas carols at the Sunoco station the other day. It's great that everyone is getting into the spirit of the holiday, but I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Having missed out on Christmas for the last two years, it's really strange to watch all of this going on around me, the lights and decorations, the Christmas sweaters and ornament earrings (are you serious with that?). I'm beginning to understand where Charlie Brown was coming from in his Christmas special. It doesn't seem very special, just wierd.

Though I am truly grateful that I'm not in Methodist Hospital or on so many IV antibiotics that I can't enjoy the wonderful food--I'm not in a wheel chair either, but I didn't really feel anything this year until this Friday night at
Canal Street. I bought candy canes for everyone in the crowd and began passing them out after our set. A few folks were stand-offish, but most were thrilled to get some sort of treat, even if blueberry candy canes aren't really the best with New Castle.

We had a great time with everyone who came out--Craig Houston and Stranje were amazing. And the Poor Devils were also incredible--Thadd is so awesome! Will (our new fan from Columbus) agreed. He also brought pictures for us that he took in Chicago at
Gunther Murphy's during the Chicks on the Road. It was great talking with him--he Rocks! I also saw Jay and of course Ray, who also came out to see us the following day at Gem City Records. Jimmy (drummer) got some pictures of everyone who came out to hang with us (i.e. Shrug), hopefully we can post those soon.

All in all a great weekend. I'm still recovering and trying to finish all the shopping and such before the fam gets here. The moral of the story is, if you feel like you too are just going through the motions, slow down, take a deep breath and do something nice for somebody else.

Talk to you soon,
Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home