pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

The holidays getting you down? You should head out to hear some live music. Just pulling into downtown Cincinnati, I was met with a flashing sign that actually said "Cincinnati Rocks." I was a bit skeptical since everyone I saw walking around was wearing some sort of uncomfortable black outfit--usually with shoes that I could never even stand up in. However, if you had been at the Barrelhouse last night to see us, you would've left with a smile on your face. Everyone was feeling especially sassy and all the bands were met with cheers and rousing applause. Apparently, Cincy does indeed ROCK!

Thanks to Eric Falstrom (sp?) and his band The Hittites for opening at the last minute. And whoa! The Terrors--I really didn't know what to expect. Imagine Cake with Radiohead icing and a little screaming on top. They said PBTB was the best band they had ever played with. I think there name gets them billed with bands like "Body in the Trunk" and "Spit." But they are actually a bit more mellow.

A big thanks to
Chicks Rock Fest Jem, who booked us, Jesse and all the folks at the Barrelhouse and my two new friends, Susan and Jen (nurses who spent a lot of time listening to me go on about my accident.) You two are the best. It was so great to meet you.

Hope to see you all at the Holy Grail on Friday. And oops! I meant to give away a few
Gogirls Music Fest CDs and I forgot. Come get them on Friday.

Auf Wiedersehen,
Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home