pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

A great way to get back at Insurance Companies

We all know that I've had a bijillion dollars in medical bills over the last four years and for the most part, I've been very pleased with the insurance company that handled most of the claims. However, why is it that they get to make all the rules and we, regardless of what is best for our health, have no choice but to follow the rules they've set, or we are left holding the bill? After my second opinion in NY with a very well-known doctor, my insurance company only gave me credit for a small portion of what I actually paid and then put it toward my "out-of-network" deductible. I didn't even know that I had such a thing. So, now none of that counts toward my regular deductible and the surgery that I just had. Does that make any sense? It's all in the same calendar year, but they've figured out ways to reduce my deductible so that I have to be responsible for more. Why don't they just say, "You're going to have to 50% of all expenses." Wouldn't that be easier than spending money to pay someone to write that gigantic book of rules? And then pay someone to apply those rules to my expenditures? Then pay someone to explain it to me since I still think that they are wrong?

Thank God, someone in the state of OHIO has finally gotten smart. They've introduced a bill in the state house and senate for a single-payer plan. What does that mean? Well, from the website, www.spanohio.org , it appears that it would give every OHIO resident health care. Yes. I am currently not able to focus on the details since I'm still a little out of it from surgery #20, but I definately think that taking profit out of the picture and giving everyone health care is, certainly something to consider.

What do you think? Oh, and I hear that we'll be voting on the smoking ban this November so make sure you get out to the polls, though I'm not completely sure it matters...check out this video http://alternet.org/blogs/video/40755/

All you techies out there--can this be true?
xoxo and protein bars,
Rhonda

1 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yep. hiding programs like that happen all the time.

    JavaScript is the most well known example. It runs in your browser all the time, and you never see it.

    Scary, isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home