pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Rhonda-nspired Poetry

Well, as promised, here's a poem by Jay Bruns. I met him at an open-mic at Borders in Dayton. When I returned several months later to play a 2-hour set, Jay was there. He even helped me tune my guitar on the fly. I like playing the Muse.

Affetuosso Fiato

With each gentle stroke of her breath,
a sustained appears at the upbeat of my heart
and holds just enough...
then releases,
just as the desire to breathe is barely forgotten
and the room starts to sway.

With involuntary action I wade
into the cascade of melody
radiating from the slim sensual form
messaging the faux ivories
into haunting fairy tale memories.

-and I am carried off,
a whole note resting upon her palatte
being savored then delicately sent into motion
letting the music have her way with me.
gracefully fading at the end of the embrace
Never wanting to leave the passionate kiss
of her siren song.

Jay Bruns
-after Borders gig

2 Comments:

  • At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Rhonda. Nothing beats the experience of being a part of creative stream of consciousness. It's the only river where I never fear the depth; whether a riptide or peaceful eddy, I always emerge better for it.

    Best Wishes,
    Jay

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger pale beneath the blue said…

    Even your comments are poetic.
    Nice, Jay.

    Rhonda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home