pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Well, now she's done it

You know, I try really hard not to complain. I was in a motorcycle accident and can't walk all that well, but I think if I ignore it, I'll forget about and maybe I'll live a semi-normal life.

Maybe it was the psuedo-skiing or shoveling the drive or the attempts at working out, but all of a sudden last week, I got to the point where I couldn't stand to put weight on my leg. I would wince in pain with every step. It finally got so bad that I decided to sit down and scoot myself across the floor rather than have to endure the agony of walking. When I realized that yeah, something is really not right, I got the crutches back out. I hated to do it, but at least I could get around a little bit, and at quite a speedy pace too.

So today I drove back to Indianapolis in the non-stop rain to see my doctor. The x-rays revealed that I had broken the plate and one of the 11 screws holding my leg together. It's really strange but there have a been a ton of people praying for me lately (there's a contingent of folks in Florida, my home town of Piqua and several of you on our email list) and I couldn't figure out why I was still so miserable. In fact, I was in more pain than I had experienced in a long time. I was getting ready to tell people to stop praying, when it hit me. I told James the other night, "Maybe God's big plan is that some of the hardware has to break so the bone can finish healing." My doctor concurred this morning. Even with all the pain, I still had peace that things were headed in the right direction. Dr. Weber said that it could be a set-back, but his feeling is that it may heal faster. And he wasn't even mad about the skiing.

I will be going back to see him on Jan. 26th so he can get fresh x-rays before he goes to Kenya on a mission trip. Please pray that I will be able to put some weight on it, without breaking it between now and then.
Much love,
Rhonda

ps--i'll try to get pictures of the x-rays for all you medical folks. it's pretty wild.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts are with you. Healing, strength, a speedy recovery to you...

    Best Wishes,
    Jay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home