pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Day 9

I just spent an hour and a half on the keyboard trying to learn how to create a rhythm pattern or change the tempo of a preset rhythm. I certainly haven't mastered it but am making progress. Oh, and I finally found the EXIT button. I don't know how I missed that the first few days of playing, but I'm thrilled to finally find it.

Been teaching James' son, Alex, Paul McCartney's "Blackbird" on the guitar. In case you don't know, I hate finger-picking. I've been trying to force myself to learn it and really understand tablature (guitar sheet music), but I don't know how far I'll get. It's not my thing. What is my thing is rocking out on electric with the distortion pedal. Only few of you have seen that thus far, but I'm hoping that it will happen more often in the new year.

I'm heading to Viper Room Cincy tonite to see my friends Beau Alquizola and Whitney Barricklow. I don't get to just go watch other people perform often enough.
Until tomorrow,
Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home