pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Finally, I'm understanding this iPod thing

K, so I know how to use an iPod, I'm not completely dense. However, when I broke down and bought my little 1 gig nano when I was flying to DC in March, I wasn't really sure what all the fuss was about. I was able to use it driving to Austin a week later and could drive at night without keeping everyone else awake. But I didn't really use it at home because I don't have time to listen to music and I'm not crazy about having things in my ears. But everyone in NYC has one so I've been taking it on the train with me. I figured I might as well fill it up though. So, I went to Emusic.com to find some new tunes and finally came across Howlin' Maggie. Since my accident happened when they released "Hyde" I never got a copy. I started listening to it on the train today and when "Where My Funky People" kicked in, I was taken back in time to all the times I saw Happy and the guys play that song live. I started bobbing my head and wanted to get up and dance, but then realized that I was still on the subway. I was walking around SoHo listening to the rest of the record and enjoying every minute of it. I'm so sad that I haven't been able to see Happy in forever, but thrilled that I have the opportunity to relive his genius on my iPod whenever I want.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great album. I like your weblog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home