pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Monday, May 08, 2006

the wall comes tumbling down

If you listened to the Tea with Hungry Lucy podcast, I made a comment about seperating myself from the music that I write when I'm on stage performing. Well, I've been here in NY working with my new friend Denise Barbarita trying to finish up the record once and for all, and it's crazy, but I've been crying for two days. Denise has this gift of being able to get you to connect with a song even though you don't want to. Some of the vocal takes over the last two days were completely unintelligible. I do think that we are getting some great stuff--things I've never been able to do before. But I'm a little concerned yet. I haven't really listened back to things much. Just hoping we got something usable. We do seem to be making progress. Mostly, I'm hoping that I will be able to get through the songs when I play them live.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Were you referring to the Sonic Spotlight episode 4? http://www.sonicspotlight.com/ We really enjoyed the conversation between the four of you and the music you shared - more a chat between friends and fellow artists than an interview - it was great. Good luck with your album
    TTFN PNC

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger pale beneath the blue said…

    Yes, that's what I was referring to. It was really like just sitting around and drinking tea with Hungry Lucy.

    And thanks for the luck--I need all the help I can get. Yesterday I was summoning the spirit of all the great musicians who've recorded in that studio to help. It didn't work really, but I couldn't get They Might Be Giants song, "Birdhouse in your Soul" out of my head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home