pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Day 1--Studio

Back in NYC, it's lovely though I'm mostly stuck inside. However, I only had to walk two blocks to see a girl in a white linen dress riding a bicycle in the bike lane going the wrong way down a one way street. She seemed to be distracting the other bicyclists and cars enough to not get hit.

If you've never been in a recording studio, you may not know that the tempurature is usually chilly, at least somewhere. It just so happens that it's really cold in the control room where we're mixing. When I went out for Starbucks at 10:30p, it felt like I was on the beach on a warm balmy night, the wind warming my frozen limbs as I walked along noticing all the interesting store fronts. It's gorgeous here. I'm definately glad to be back even if we're just starting our second song at 10:30p. One down, nine to go. It's going to be a long weekend. I'm just hoping to be able to enjoy the city a little since I don't know when I'll be back. Apparently Rhett Miller is playing a show in Central Park tomorrow, but I will have to miss it, I'm sure. There's no way we'll be far enough along when the show starts. Bummer. Rhett is my Wally World. He and Conan. But I think it will all be okay, because we are working in a studio on a street named BOND. That has to mean something good, right?

Mucho love--Hope you are all out watching Nacho Libre. Make sure you tell me about it.
Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home