pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

All Music, All Day

So, the day began with me being afraid to go to the basement. What I didn't explain yesterday is that I wrote these really cool lyrics, but I couldn't find any music to go with them. I went to bed tired and frustrated and then couldn't sleep because I wanted to finish the song. But this morning, I wasn't in any hurry to try it, because I didn't want to fail. So, instead, I spent the first 2 1/2 hours of my day playing cover songs (just in case I want to cross over to the dark side sometime.) Then I took a shower and went to the keyboard. Fortunately, the first thing I really tried was closer. Next, I refined my chord structure and voila--a new song. I think. I still have to come up with lyrics for the prechorus section, but other than that, it's not bad.

Personally, I'm just thrilled that I had an idea all by myself, at least lyrically. And if it sounds too Postal Service on the keys, then I can switch it to guitar and sound like any number of female acoustic acts. Eventually, I'll play it out and we'll see what everyone thinks.

I did take a little break to work on booking, write some reviews for www.i-see-sound.com, and make homemade chocolate chip cookies. But the rest of the day was all practicing and figuring out what we're doing in the studio tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home