pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dictionary Jubilation

So, I've been a little frustrated that I've been spending time practicing but not really writing anything new. I listened to the new Shrug disc, Whole Hog for the Macho Jesus, for just a few minutes today and felt compelled to sit down with the dictionary. Songwriter, Tod Weidner, is one of the most eloquent folks I've ever run across and he makes it sound sooooo effortless. I feel as if I've been trying too hard.

I put it off and put it off and then decided, literally, to get out my dictionary. Besides, Dale Johnson used the word indignant the other day, describing me, and I wasn't exactly positive that I knew what he meant. I've got one of those Thumb-ease Pocket Dictionaries from eons ago that I refuse to give up. As soon as I opened it, it was like a whole new world opened up. Kind of like Dorothy dreaming in Technicolor instead of the plain old black and white she was used to. I had forgotten how much I was missing. Words are to me as paint is to what?

I've been extremely busy with shows, booking, promoting, learning the keyboard, practicing guitar and everything else that needs done, that I had lost sight of my first love. We've decided to see each other on a regular basis and if that works, we'll exchange keys.

What's your first love?
Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home