pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pro Tools and long days

It's after 6p and I haven't showered yet. I've spent all day trying to learn enough about Pro Tools (recording software) to work on mixing my record. I've been working on Stethoscope, Evidence and Wishing today. Stethoscope was starting to drive me nuts, so I moved on, but it's not done yet. Hoping to get through the rest of them tomorrow.

I've been writing like crazy so I have a billion things to record as soon as this is finished. Something called "Okay, Alright, Uh-huh", a little ditty called "Phrases", a heart-breaking love song that remains untitled, and something titled, "Ricochet". I've also been working with a lyricist from Australia and from some of his writings, I pulled out a jaunty little thing about a military man called, "Private Milton."

I haven't been blogging because there aren't enough hours in the day, but as you can see, I'm still practicing and playing everyday. I have to go shower now so I can meet and chat with the photographer. We have to get some ideas in place before we shoot this weekend. Oh, and I just cut my hair--yes, I did it. I couldn't stand it any longer.

More soon--xoxox,
Rhonda

2 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Bud said…

    This is a cool site. I'll be back often. I did my whole CD at home on ProTools but still hired a producer/engineer to do the final mix. Learning the software is one thing. Doing the art is quite another. Good luck with that!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger pale beneath the blue said…

    Bud,

    I'm the first to admit that I shouldn't be doing this. I'm going to DC in a couple of weeks to do anything I couldn't handle and the finals. EQ has me baffled. Hoping that it will get better...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home