pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Roland Tech Support and Bob Guiney

I finally did it. I broke down and called the stupid tech support folks from Roland about the keyboard. I was ready to take the thing back because though it has some really cool features, there were a lot of things I couldn't figure out, like how to record and save a song. Shouldn't be that hard and why put a sequencer in something if you can't save what you record? Well, come to find out, it's a little wierd, but it's possible and I'm sure will become easier with time. At least I hope so.

I also did (musician code for "recorded") a guitar track for "Riding Through Indiana in a Pontiac" today. I wasn't in the mood to sing though so that was it. But I'm thinking it needs piano on it too. Then this evening, I headed down to the Poison Room to hand out some flyers for Tuesdays show. I love that place. Fortunately the smoke wasn't bad so I could hang out for a while. I finally got to see Buckra after years of waving to them at music conferences around the country. After that was Bob Guiney aka Bachelor Bob from "The Bachelor." I, of course, never watched him on the show but have run across him on Oprah, The View and other such things. He's cute and cuddly looking in real life too. The music is what you'd expect--kinda Matchbox 20 or any other random band that you sing along to on your FM dial. I was sorta hoping it would be a train wreck--just to make me feel better about myself--but it was pretty descent. He's got a nice voice for what he was doing, surprisingly high for a man, but it works.

He or someone from the club ordered a bunch of LaRosa's pizzas. I don't know if it was a ploy to get folks to stick around, but it didn't work and they have massive amounts of pizza to contend with. I just enjoyed watching "Anchorman" on all the TVs while watching a band. Watching Jack Black punt the dog off the bridge made me chuckle. I needed that.

Until tomorrow--
Rhonda

1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mm-mm, Indi-ana ... !

    I had a great moment driving back from Indy after conning my roommate to drive almost two hours to watch the movie, Bubba Hotep, where in Bruce Campbell is Elvis and - the late - Ossie Davis is JFK battling an evil Egyption succubus/mummy in a nursing home.

    As good as THAT was, the moment was driving back and coming up with the line "And what does it matter, it's only Indiana anyway".

    That pretty much summed up our trip, except it was pretty fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home