pale beneath the blue

Road stories and more from singer/songwriter, pale beneath the blue.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The theme is crazy...grrr.

I'm exhausted and frustrated and want everything to be finished so I can just sit down and write a song. I guess I can't complain too much, Improv night is just two days away. But finally tonite I had to just push everything aside for a few minutes and play guitar. I started by working with a poem by Ray that he sent me yesterday? Maybe it was today and I forgot already. Anyway, then I moved on to writing a song about a guy or maybe a girl who was making up things in his own mind to keep from believing that he got dumped. Then I moved onto a lyrical idea I'd had a while ago about a girl who went silent one day and no one can figure out why. I didn't really get very far before I stumbled upon "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson. It seems that once you find the chord progression and rhythm pattern, you can't get rid of it. It's like an addiction.

So, anyway, I was brushing my teeth and recalled an anonymous comment where someone stated that they liked my writing and I should write a book. Which I do have answers to everything, though, they are rather simple and wouldn't even fill one of those little grocery store pocket guides. For those of you who read this all the time, I'm going to give you all my answers for free and there are no pills to buy. Are you ready? Alright, here goes:

Overweight? Stop buying bigger pants!
Can't sleep? Write 3 pages of anything every morning--just let things flow out. And you could stop with the coffee.
Restless leg syndrome? Again with the coffee and maybe work out once in a while.
Reflux? Get yourself out of debt and other situations that are stressing you out.
ADD? It's not that you can't concentrate, you just have too many things going on in your mind. Relax. Breath and stop calling it a disease.
Crazy? Okay, I got nothing...you're on your own.

Just trying to help.
Rhonda


2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'Breakaway' huh? *grin* Your tips would make for a nifty little pocket guide...except that my daughter has reflux and SHE has more savings than I do so I gotta figure out the debt answer on that one. lol

    Glad to hear that SXSW went so well for you...still wish I could have met you in Dallas but maybe another time. Your Midwest tour is just around the corner, yes? Best of luck! ~ Kelli

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger pale beneath the blue said…

    Well, Kelli, it is true that some folks are born with actual physical reasons for reflux, sometimes they grow out of it and sometimes they need surgery. Sometimes we don't realize that we are sensitive to foods, like my youngest son could never tolerate anything with red dye in it--juices, spaghetti o's, candy. Something to consider...

    Most of us are just wayyyy stressed out which causes us to have problems with reflux later in life. If you don't have a medical problem and you can't identify what's causing your reflux, I recommend taking a break from processed foods. Those seem to be the worst. If that doesn't help, then just start taking things out of your diet for a few days and see if it gets better. I've realized that I can't eat dairy much at all and I try to stay away from spicy food--no onions, garlic or basil. And no orange juice either, oh and very little pop and beer. But after being on prescriptions for almost 10 years, I'm off most of the time. I take a little something once in a while, but it's not everyday anymore. You can do it too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home